4/22/11

Executive Director of EQMD, Morgan Meneses-Sheets FIRED by Board of Directors


Washington Blade reports that the board of director fired executive director, Morgan Meneses-Sheets.

I have personally lobbied for Morgan Meneses-Sheets removal. She has personally rode herd on this organizations deceptions censorship and intimidation of the transgender community. Equality Maryland under Morgan Meneses-Sheets slandered trans and cisgender activists alike lowering themselves so far as to claim we made physical threats of harm against them and Maryland legislators, just to justify the campaign of censorship.

According to the Blade: “This past Sunday, the Board of Directors of Equality Maryland, in executive session, voted to remove her from her position, essentially telling the organization’s staff, volunteers, supporters, funders and general community that the organization will now move in a different direction,” Thorn said in his statement."

Of course the Washington Blade spun her departure to make her look like a blameless victim.

The Washington Blade goes on:
“In particular the past few months have been tough to bear,” she said. “Not because of the hard work which I welcome and felt honored to be part of, but because of the forces within the organization and external politics that created additional and unnecessary obstacles to our forward movement and success.”

She added, “As I move on, I will not focus on the negative or destructive forces that created this untenable situation; instead I will look back at the many proud moments along the way.”
I have been unable to post comments on the Washington Blade ever since I called them out for enabling Equality Maryland's horrendous tactics but that seems to be changing too.

My comment on the Blade which remains for now:

Kelli TrANNsAction Busey April 22, 2011 at 8:40 pm Submitted 7:38 PM CT 4/22/2011
Whats not addressed by this article is the real reason Sheets was fired. As a “Equality” organization’s leader you can not mistreat and ignore the people you say you represent. I believe firing her was the first and only thing Equality Maryland needed to do to get back in the communities good graces.
I seriously hope Equality Maryland now allows all of its members to comment. I hope they stop making false claims against there members.
And Washington Blade I hope you publish this comment by me. I am sure you are aware by now some key people are aware of your censorship and misrepresentation of the transgender community as well.


I was severely tempted to embed the 'wicked witch is dead' song from the Wiz but that would be too celebratory. Instead lets take a trip of hope over the rainbow together.

No comments: