4/17/13

The Life and Tragic Death of Transman Robert Eads

By the time Robert Eads found a doctor who would treat him it was too late His ovarian cancer has advanced too far.

Robert Eads ~ “I wish I could understand why they did what they did, why they had to feel that way… And I know in a way they’ve contributed to my dying here. But I can’t hate them. I don’t hate them. I feel sorry for them… What makes me most sad is they probably felt like they did the right thing,”

Southern Comfort is a 2001 documentary film about the final year in the life of Robert Eads, a female-to-male transsexual. Eads, diagnosed with ovarian cancer, was turned down for treatment by two dozen doctors out of fear that treating such a patient would hurt their reputations. By the time Eads received treatment, the cancer was too advanced to save his life. Wiki Southern Comfort



Uploaded on Dec 28, 2008

Trailer/intro do documentário "Southern Comfort", sobre e com Robert Eads, um homem transsexual norte-americano que morreu de cancro depois de vários médicos lhe terem negado assistência médica... por causa da sua transsexualidade.

Read more about Robert Eads at the Journal of Global Health.





No comments: