8/31/14

Istanbul Trans woman tells IMCTV Reporter about the ongoing violence

Reporter Michelle Demishevich Kurt (right) talks with Istanbul trans woman Almira
Transgender woman in Istanbul are being raped and robbed by gangs and the police refuse to do anything. IMCTV Reporter Michelle Demishevich Kurt talked with Almira who told her about what happened to her.
"Five guys came to the street and put me their car and took me some place out of istanbul. They then took my money and iPhone and then one guy put a weapon to my head while the others raped to me without condoms many times. Five guys raped me until morning and after they raped me they took my dress and left me naked."
Little has been done by the government to discourage the systemic violence and discrimination faced by Turkish Transgender people.


Trans kadınlara yönelik şiddet devam ediyor by imctv


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I would say that most who are transgender know they are different from the earliest of ages, some as far back as age 4 or earlier if they can remember so far back but in this post it looks totally different views that I have read on various transgender articles in blogs and forums.