3/23/13

California Dept. of Education new summer reading list with LGBT and Immigration Literature

Students and teachers are thrilled but not so much the haters. There's a war, a full scale war" says one bigot who's trying to organize a 'walkout' action against students participating in the of the Day of Silence.

He's sure students don't need to know about gender and sexual diversity or immigrants in order to become a well adjusted citizen. This dogmatist knows ignorance will insure this generation is transphobic, homophobic and racist, like him.
A war by LGBT people?

No, Mr Conservative you and your ilk wear blinders leading to wars. We have education, caring and acceptance leading to yes, peace and love.

I'm checking out "I am J" on Good Reads then Iread some of the comments. I liked this one by Emily.rebman who rated it 5 of 5 stars:  "I really liked this book because I have a few friends who are Trans and it made me realize what they go through every day in their life. If you have friends or family members who know someone who is Trans have them read this book it will open their eyes to what these kids go through. It also has a character that cuts and I can relate to this because I have friends who have cut. Overall, I really liked this book and would recommend it to anyone who wants to learn about transgender people and the...more I really liked this book because I have a few friends who are Trans and it made me realize what they go through every day in their life. If you have friends or family members who know someone who is Trans have them read this book it will open their eyes to what these kids go through. It also has a character that cuts and I can relate to this because I have friends who have cut. Overall, I really liked this book and would recommend it to anyone who wants to learn about transgender people and the challenges they face in every day life"

No comments: